It was a great car for its time, but that didn’t mean it could handle a pinch.
It was built by the same team that built the first two-wheeler, and its history is a history of making the car as simple and reliable as possible.
In 1949, the company hired John A. Bostick to help design and build the cars.
Bored of his job, he took over as car manager in 1950 and moved the company’s production to New York City.
BOSTICK AND CO.
After Bosticky’s death in 1973, the firm’s management was sold to the Chrysler Corporation, which renamed the company Chrysler Motor Division.
But in 1973 Bosticker was replaced by Walter F. Hensley, who was later succeeded by Bostichick.
The cars were still made under Bosticks ownership, but Hensys production moved to the company headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan.
In 1985, the Chrysler Group purchased Bostrick & Co., which now produces the Lincoln MKS sedan, the Dodge Dart pickup, and the Dodge Charger.